“We’re in a time of tremendous transformation and reform in healthcare. COVID has ushered in and accelerated the need for innovation and creativity. SouthLight has an array of services and is well-positioned to meet the needs of the community.” –Ranota Hall, MD
Our Approach to Treatment
We’re committed to evidence-based practice and treatments
“Happiness is living in accord with your values and in a way that is more accepting of your history as it echoes into the present.”Steven Hayes, PHD
Like characters in a movie, we are scripted and marked by images of happiness, well-being and success that may not honor the whole story of our lives.
Our WHOLE stories include struggles, challenges and pain that both orient us in our lives and at times keep us stuck in repeating scenes, without direction or awareness that our movie has ended.
At SouthLight Healthcare, our approach to treatment is to walk alongside you.
SouthLight seeks to honor the scenes that you have lived thus far, while offering an alternative perspective on creating your life story.
We strive to train ourselves and integrate evidence-based practices, including the following:
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive Behavioral Strategies
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Processes
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Family Centered Treatment (FCT)
The practices, strategies and interventions by which we collaborate are rooted in the central theme that we are more alike than we are different.
This our approach to treatment:
- We want know your whole story; we don’t see anyone as broken.
- We believe in the power of relationship and authenticity.
- We strive for evidence-based practices. Our role is to support you in living your meaningful story; not to get therapy “right.”
- We believe that suffering is part of all of our shared stories and can be a powerful agent for change and meaning if we can create space for it.
- We live as if the ability to change one small detail right now will help us to change the scenes and actions that keep us stuck and prevent us from living out a life that means the most to us.
We’re here to help you live your best life. We engage, we educate and we empower.