Court Services

Assessments and deferral classes

Removing Barriers, Providing Alternatives for Substance Use First Offenders

Our Judicial Services team assists people with drug and alcohol offenses and helps them navigate the Judicial System.

Under guidelines provided by the Wake County District Attorney, SouthLight Healthcare provides substance use assessment and education for clients charged with drug & alcohol offenses, enabling clients to receive a dismissal of their charges as opposed to traditional prosecution. Our Judicial Services Team serves more than 4,600 people each year.

SouthLight manages one of the largest Pre-Trial Diversion programs in North Carolina, We have been a trusted resource for the District Attorney’s office, local attorneys and clients in need for over 30 years, and we are committed to creating safer, healthier communities for the citizens of Wake County.

Substance Use Assessments

If you were required to have a Substance Use Assessment per the Deferral Agreement that you signed in court, you can sign up for a Virtual Online Assessment. Click below to learn more, register and pay the $100 fee.

*No longer offering DWI services.

Learn More

Court Deferral Classes

The 15-hour First Offender Class is now being conducted online. Click below to learn more, register, and pay the $258 class fee via PayPal (you do not need to have a PayPal account).

Learn More

Court Date Information

You can obtain your court date by clicking here. You will need this date to register for online classes. If you can’t find your court date/case number on the website, then you will need to contact the Clerk of Courts Wake County Clerk of Court: Wake County Justice Center, Clerk of Court’s office is on the 1st floor, Room 1000 300 S Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC 27601

FAQs about Judicial Services

+ How do I get an assessment?

Please fill out the online form here. A SouthLight employee will email you a payment link within two business days. Once payment has been received, you will be scheduled for your specific date and time.

+ What if I started classes before COVID and need to finish classes?

You can call 919-856-7590 or stop by the Judicial office at the Wake County Justice Center, 300 S. Salisbury St, Room 1050 for information. Please be prepared to provide your criminal case number. A staff member will give you instructions on how to complete your classes or assessment/treatment.

+ When will classes resume in person?

Virtual (online) classes will remain in place until further notice. We are following guidelines from the NC Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC.

+ How does my attorney receive a confirmation of my class completion?

Your attorney can stop by the Judicial office at the Wake County Justice Center.

+ How do I find my court date and/or criminal case number?

You may obtain your court date and/or criminal case number through the website. There are three ways to search: by your name (exactly as it appears on your citation), your criminal case number or your citation number.

+ I have enrolled and paid for my class but have not received my link or confirmation; what do I do?

If someone has paid on your behalf, please contact us at with their name and date of payment.

If your payment was successful and you have not received a confirmation or link, please forward us a copy of your receipt to On occasion, Paypal will send a receipt even if the payment was not finalized. We ask that you check with your financial institution/bank to make sure your payment has been drafted from your account.

+ What documents or information do I need to provide to register?

  1. Your name – exactly as it appears on your citation.
  2. Your Criminal Case Number (ie: 20cr123456) – if you do not know it, click here.
  3. Your email address and phone number.
  4. If you are a returning student from before COVID, please email Judicial Services to confirm how many classes you have left to complete.

+ What are payment options?

We are only taking payments via PayPal – you do not need a PayPal account to make this payment. Payments are not accepted in person.

+ Where are judicial services located?

The Wake County Justice Center, Room 1050, 300 S. Salisbury St, Raleigh, NC 27601

+ Do you offer DWI services?

As of August 2020, we will no longer be providing DWI services.

+ How can I get connected to other SouthLight services for mental health or substance use (not court-related)?

Please call 919-787-6131 or visit the services page to learn more. Visit our services page to learn more about other programs SouthLight offers for your mental health or substance use needs.

(Re)Start Your Journey Here

We help those living in and through mental health and substance use issue. Learn More