Masks required at all SouthLight facilities
SouthLight is committed to keeping our clients healthy, safe, and connected to services
SouthLight is a lifeline in our community and our clients need us now more than ever. We are committed to our clients while also protecting the health of our staff, clients and the community.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, SouthLight is working to keep individuals recovering from mental illness and substance use safe and connected with services.
Following a City of Raleigh ordinance, all clients and visitors will be required to wear a mask indoors at our facilities. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one.
We are Welcoming New Clients
- We are offering telehealth for group and individual counseling.
- To schedule an online assessment, call our intake coordinator between at 919-787-6131 ext 1431 between 8 am and 2 pm.
- We welcome those with and without insurance.
Medical Records Request
Temporary eFax number: 1-888-890-6295.
DURING COVID-19, we have set up a temporary eFax account. Please use this number for sending and receiving medical records during this crisis.
Our “Virtual Doors” are Open with Telehealth
We are continuing to offer the same high quality, confidential services but in a new way: on a virtual platform, connecting with our providers and counselors using your computer or phone.
You will be encouraged to use one of our easy to use audio/visual platforms for the appointment. If you do not have access to the internet for the audio/visual appointment, we will complete the assessment via phone.
Update on Services
- All in-person therapy and psychiatric appointments will occur virtually.
- All in-person group services are temporarily suspended.
- SAIOP and DBT groups will be held virtually.
- Opioid Treatment Program (OTP) dosing will continue from 5:30 am-12:30 pm.
- Exceptions for additional take-homes are being made on an individual basis to decrease the volume of clients in OTP dosing each day.
- All clients entering SouthLight facilities are required to wear a mask, and will have their temperature taken.
- All Court Services and classes are being held virtually.
- SouthLight at Barrett Drive continues to see clients virtually, but our office is temporarily closed. All therapy and psychiatric appointments will occur by phone or virtually.
SouthLight Provides Stability in Unstable Times
SouthLight's COVID-19 Impact
“You can’t move the world around you, but you can change your place in it. Even during a pandemic, the only limitations to your recovery are the ones you put on yourself.”Christopher Deviney, Opioid Treatment Counselor