Insurance and Billing
As a nonprofit behavioral health provider, access to healthcare for everyone is a priority, regardless of financial status or insurance coverage. If you don’t have insurance, we have options for you. We offer a sliding fee scale based on income and family size. Whatever the situation, do not let cost be a barrier to seeking treatment at SouthLight. We will work diligently to ensure there are affordable treatment options available to you and those that you love.
Insurance and Billing FAQs
In-Network Insurance Plans:
Medicaid & PHP (Prepaid Health Plans):
- Alliance Medicaid
- AmeriHealth Caritas
- Carolina Complete Health
- Eastpointe Medicaid
- Healthy Blue
- NC Healthchoice
- Partners Medicaid
- Sandhills Medicaid
- United Healthcare of North Carolina
- Trillium Medicaid
- Vaya Medicaid
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (Including BCBS Federal & Blue Home)
- Beacon/Value Options
- United Healthcare (Including United Behavioral Health & Optum)
- Department of Veteran Affairs (VA)
*Magellan & UMR insurances– we are considered out of network but are able to file with your insurance company
Out of Network Insurance Plans:
- Bright Health
SouthLight is considered out of network with the insurance plans listed above. Please note, that there are times when we can still see you in our office and file with your insurance plan under your out-of-network benefits.
- In order to verify your out-of-network coverage, we ask that you contact your insurance carrier to confirm that your plan has out-of-network benefits for outpatient and mental health coverage.
- This number can be found on the back of your insurance card.
- Please be aware that these costs may be higher than your usual In-Network fees per visit.
- In the event your plan does not offer out-of-network benefits, we are more than happy to see you at our self-pay rates.
- If you have questions surrounding out-of-network insurance, please contact our office (919)-787-6131 x1501 so that we can assist you.
If you are uninsured, do not qualify for health insurance, or have recently lost your insurance, there are still options available to be seen within SouthLight!
- Our intake specialists will perform a financial assessment and determine if you may qualify for coverage through state funds or if your visits fall with our sliding fee scale.
- It is important to note that these options are only available to those who have no insurance coverage through any Commercial or Medicaid plans.
Payment is accepted at the time service is rendered in the form of cash, check, or credit card depending on the service received.
Court Services clients have the option of paying online via PayPal.
If you are having trouble paying for services provided by SouthLight, please contact our Billing Department at 919-787-6131 ext 1501.
Yes. For individuals who do not have an insurance plan (i.e. a plan listed above or Medicaid), you may qualify to pay a percentage of the cost based on a sliding fee scale. During your initial intake, we will ask a series of questions to determine if you qualify.
Our list of in-network insurance plans changes, so please check with our billing department for the most updated list of insurances we accept.