SouthLight Selected as Wake County Recovery Court Provider
Starting April 1, SouthLight Healthcare became the sole provider of substance use treatment services for Wake County Recovery Court. This is the first time in two decades that SouthLight was awarded the contract to provide services.
Goals of the Recovery Court Program
Recovery Court is a special courtroom set aside for adults involved in the criminal justice system and for whom treatment is a better approach than justice. According to the Wake County Recovery Court website, the goals of the program are to:
The goals of the Recovery Court Program are to:
- help adults with substance use and mental health disorders become and remain drug free through treatment and recovery;
- reduce the chances that people will return to the criminal justice system in the future;
- reduce social and health costs to the community; and
- increase safety of the community by reducing the health impact of violence and trauma while encouraging individuals into recovery.
Activities Within the Recovery Court Program
The program consists of structured activities including:
- Probation supervision
- Substance use disorder treatment
- Mental health treatment
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Case management
- Bi-monthly court sessions with the recovery court judge and team
SouthLight is in the process of assembling a team made up of a Team Lead, Clinician, and Peer Support Specialist. The program will operate out of Southlight’s existing office inside of the Wake County Justice Center.
Additional Behavioral Health Resources
To learn more, check out these resources: