We Stand With You
As systemic racism once again takes center stage in our communities and across the United States, our awareness of how deep the wounds are for our black colleagues and patients also takes center stage.
We have a greater understanding of the disappointment, pain, fear, anger, regret, and frustrationall of us are feeling. It is so overwhelming, it takes our breath away.
Now, SouthLight reaffirms our commitment to being part of the solution.
As passionate advocates brought together in a mission-driven community organization, it is our honor to work every day with a diverse team of colleagues who have meaningful conversations about how to combat disparities, inequities and systemic challenges.
As we move forward, SouthLight recognizes its unique position as an expert service provider to help find solutions.
We pledge to:
- Invite discussion, even when it makes us uncomfortable.
- Advocate for parity in services, though it may have a cost.
- Prioritize inclusion when making decisions, even if it would be easier not to.
- See it through other’s eyes, even when our own vision seems so clear.
- Learn from your experience, though it is not mine.
- Stand with you, even though it makes me vulnerable.
On behalf of SouthLight, we join this movement.
Adam Hartzell, Chief Executive Officer
Robin Henderson-Wiley, Chief Operating Officer
Sue Redman, Chief Financial Officer
Mike Lancaster, MD, Chief Medical Officer