Medication Management is the use of psychotropic medications based off of an initial evaluation that is performed by a qualified medical provider. Our clients follow up on a routine basis to monitor and adjust these prescriptions as related to their daily lives.
Our providers carefully review your history and past/current medications while listening to your treatment goals to help improve your overall physical and mental health.
“Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is the use of medications with counseling and behavioral therapies to treat substance use disorders and prevent opioid overdose. A common misconception associated with MAT is that it substitutes one drug for another. Instead, these medications relieve the withdrawal symptoms and psychological cravings that cause chemical imbalances in the body. MAT programs provide a safe and controlled level of medication to overcome the use of an abused opioid.” (Source: SAMHSA)
Our providers work closely with you to achieve your recovery goals. You will be evaluated by a qualified medical provider who will determine the appropriate FDA approved medication (Suboxone, Vivitrol). You will be closely monitored through follow up appointments and urine drug screens by your provider.
Counseling is a professional, collaborative partnership between the counselor and client. Our counselors will help you identify your goals and work towards potential solutions to problems which may be causing emotional stress or strain on your everyday life. They will seek to improve coping skills and communication efforts while strengthening self-esteem and promoting behavioral changes for optimal mental health balance.
Our counselors work alongside our medication management providers to insure you are achieving your treatment goals.
United Behavioral Health
New and Existing Clients
To become a new client at our Barrett Drive location, please fill out the following form or call 984-200-5697.
Accepted Insurances/Self-pay rates:
Aetna, Anthem BCBS, BCBS, Blue Home, Federal BCBS, Beacon, Cigna, MedCost, United Healthcare, United Behavioral Health, UMR
Our current self-pay rates are $300 for a new client; $150 for a follow-up, and $100 for a counseling session.
Are you uninsured, have Medicaid or do you have Medicare with secondary Medicaid? Please call 919-787-6131 ext 1135.
Please provide us with your most up to date insurance information prior to your appointment. We ask that you check with your insurance company before your appointment to verify your benefits and eligibility. All initial evaluations are scheduled for approximately 1 hour and follow-ups are scheduled between 20-30 minutes long.
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes early to check-in, complete paperwork, review your demographics, and update your insurance information.
- If your insurance has changed, contact our office with your new insurance information and bring a copy of your card to your next appointment.
- Review the following documents prior to your appointment. Links to client rights and privacy notice can be found on the bottom of our home page.
- Bring a form of payment, your photo ID, and your insurance card to the appointment.
- If you are scheduled for medication management/MAT, please bring a list of medications and any pertinent medical history that may be beneficial for your treatment plan.
- If you arrive 10 minutes past your appointment time, you may be asked to reschedule.
- Please provide the best contact number and email address in order to receive initial paperwork and complete your telehealth conference.
- If your insurance has changed, contact our office prior to your appointment so that your visit is billed correctly.
- Treat your visit as if you were in the office. Find a quiet, private space to complete your virtual call(s) that will have limited or no interruptions or distractions. If you are using Wi-Fi, make sure you have a secure connection.
- Avoid public places when completing telehealth services that contain private information.
- You will receive your invite link at the time of your scheduled appointment either by text message or email. Make sure to allow access to your camera AND microphone.
- Please log on within 10 minutes of your scheduled appointment time in order to complete your session or you may be asked to reschedule.
Please speak to your pharmacist first and allow them to check your file. If there are no prescriptions on file, call our office 984-200-5697 or send an email, and we will notify your provider. Please note, refill authorizations are at the discretion of your provider.