SouthLight engages, educates and empowers those struggling with substance use, including our community’s youth. As part of our Community Outreach services, our prevention team works closely with Wake County Public Schools through the Alternative Counseling Education program, known as ACE.
This program has the potential to reduce long-term suspensions by providing drug education free of charge for first-time offenders of the school’s drug and alcohol policy. We also collaborate with a number of other community agencies, churches and organizations to promote youth substance use awareness and prevention strategies.
- Make immediate referrals for an assessment
- Prevention Services
- Adolescent Substance Abuse Education (ACE Program)
Educational Programs for Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Substances
- Substance Use Resistance Skills
- Developing effective communication skills with your teen
- Signs and symptom of subtance use
- Peer pressure
- Keeping youth substance free