SouthLight’s residential program provides safe, supportive housing for women who have children ages three months to 11 years of age or women who are pregnant. Each woman who comes into the program is struggling with a substance-use and/or mental health disorder.
The lack of safe housing is one of the most critical barriers to sustained, long-term recovery for these mothers and mothers-to-be. SouthLight’s CASAWorks and Perinatal program helps to bridge the gap between yesterday’s shortcomings and today’s possibilities for the women and these precious children are able to come and reside while they engage in treatment.
About the Program
SouthLight Healthcare’s Women & Children’s Residential Program is part of North Carolina’s Perinatal and Maternal Substance Abuse Initiative and CASAWORKS for Families Residential Services.
The program is a 16-bed, 24-hour residential treatment program that provides supportive wraparound services for eligible women who are pregnant or have children and who are recovering from substance use and mental health challenges.
Women who are pregnant receive services within 48 hours to include interim services if at capacity. Funding for the program is provided by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Block Grant (SAPTBG).
Pregnant Women of the Substance Abuse Prevention & Treatment Block Grant
In accordance with 45 CFR §96.131, Treatment Services for Pregnant Women of the Substance Abuse Prevention & Treatment Block Grant, pregnant women are given preference in admissions to this program/facility. Priority admission is as follows: (1) Pregnant women using substances intravenously, (2) Pregnant women with a substance use disorder, (3) Women using substances intravenously, (4) All others.
- Short-Term Housing
- Substance Abuse Treatment and Comprehensive Rehabilitation(SACOT)
- Life Skills and Daily Living Activities
- Individual and Group Therapy
- DBT Skills Group
- Job Placement Initiatives
- Psychiatric Services and Medication Management
- Social-Emotional Screenings
- Group & Individual Parenting Sessions
- Case Management (Linkage to agency and community programs, childcare services, linkage to pediatric service providers, referral for child evaluations and referral to community providers.)