SouthLight becoming a Tobacco-Free Campus
A Tobacco-Free Campus is part of our work to support recovery and whole-person care.
SouthLight will become a tobacco-free campus effective Dec. 1, 2022. This is a state-mandate in order to comply with the Breathe Easy NC program.
Starting December 1, all of SouthLight’s property (buildings, grounds, and vehicles) will be tobacco-free. Tobacco includes the use of combustible, electronic, heated, and smokeless tobacco products. There will not be any designated areas for tobacco use indoors or outdoors.
All staff, members and visitors on Southlight’s Campus cannot smoke/ dip/ chew or vape.
For your health and for the health of others, tobacco use, including electronic cigarettes, are not allowed anywhere on SouthLight facilities starting December 1, 2022.
Get free tobacco cessation help 24/7 in several ways:
- 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669);
- Español: 1-855-Déjelo-Ya (1-855-335-3569) o para más información haga clic aquí;
- Interpretation services available for many languages;
- Text READY to 200-400 to register via text
- Register online (en español)
- TTY: 1-877-777-6543
- American Indian Quitline: Call 888-7AI-QUIT (888-724-7848)
Learn about SouthLight’s Smoking Cessation Support Group. Ask your counselor for details.
Thank you for your support and cooperation!