Make a Referral
Outpatient Substance Use and Mental Health Services
We’re here and ready to help your patients and loved ones.
At SouthLight, we offer a full continuum of outpatient mental health and substance use treatment services. We’ll work with your patient or loved one to develop a comprehensive and individualized treatment plan to meet their needs. Our team of compassionate, professional intake specialists will help get the process started.
- Call (919) 787-6131
- Complete the referral form below
- Fax your referral to: 919-510-6172
- Outpatient Individual and Group Counseling Office-based service that uses a healing relationship and evidence-based approach to gain skills and insight to address mental health and substance use challenges that interfere with you living your fullest life right now. This service is provided in collaboration with you and a fully or provisionally licensed clinician (LCSW, LCAS, LCMHC, LPA and Associate levels). Learn more about Outpatient and Group Counseling >
- Substance Use Intensive Outpatient Program (SAIOP) Service that is offered for those needing more time and support in staying on track with their recovery. Members participate in up to nine hours of group individual, family and case management services to build the knowledge skills and actions that sustain recovery goals, generally lasting up to three months. This service is offered using Licensed/ Associate Licensed, Qualified Professionals and individuals with addictions specialties. Learn more about SAIOP >
- Psychiatric Medication Management for adult and adolescent clients who need psychiatric evaluation and medication management. Our treatment programs are designed to stabilize and restore both physical and mental health. Learn more about Psychiatric Medication Management at SouthLight >
- Community Support Team (CST) offers a community-based multidisciplinary team for those struggling with participation in traditional outpatient services. The team consists of Licensed, Associate, Qualified Professionals and Addictions Specialty staff, who work with the member to gain the fundamentals of recovery (housing, employment, stability, community and skills). Learn more about SouthLight’s Community Support Team >
- Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT) offers a community-based multidisciplinary team for those struggling with severe and persistent mental health challenges and difficulties participating in traditional outpatient services. The team consists of Licensed, Associate, Qualified Professionals, Medical, Nursing and Addictions Specialty staff, who work with the member to gain the fundamentals of recovery (housing, employment, stability, community and skills). Learn more about ACT at SouthLight >
- Peer Support services can be offered as an addition to other services or as a standalone service. Certified Peer Specialists (CPSS) offer shared lived life experiences in mental health and substance use recovery as they walk alongside you on your recovery journey. Learn more about SouthLight’s Peer Support Program >
- Tailored Care Management is a service designed to help clients navigate complex needs in complex systems. It’s a community- and team-based service focused on helping clients get connected—and stay connected—to services they need.
- SOAR is a national program designed to increase access to the disability income benefit programs administered by the Social Security Administration (SSA) for eligible adults who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness and have a mental or physical diagnosis with debilitating symptoms. Southlight provides SOAR as a FREE service for residents of Wake County. Learn more >
- Women and Children’s Residential Program provides treatment for women who are pregnant and women with children ages 3 months to 11 years old. Each woman who comes into the program receives treatment for substance use and/or mental health disorder. Learn more about SouthLight’s Women and Children’s Program >
- Opioid Treatment Program (OTP): A medication prescriber and nursing staff work together to support the administration of medications in the clinic on an ongoing basis. Learn more about Opioid Treatment Program at SouthLight >
- Office Based Opioid Treatment (OBOT): A medication prescriber provides prescriptions for medications that assist with the management of symptoms related to cycles of intoxication and withdrawal. Learn more about OBOT at SouthLight >